Strange is a mod for Minecraft 1.15 that adds exploration, adventure and treasure to the game without dramatically altering the vanilla playstyle. Each feature is configurable and can be disabled, allowing you to customize your experience.
This wiki is a work in progress. More images and videos will be added.
- Runestones - special stones that can transport you to points of interest
- Stone Circles - stone circles with runestones found throughout the overworld
- Scrolls - a scrollkeeper villager sells quest scrolls for you to complete
- Totems - lost totems that provide powerful abilities
- Enchantments - rare tools and weapons with special enchantments
- Travel Journal - a craftable journal to keep track of your findings
- The Outerlands - distant part of the Overworld with more rewards
- Underground Ruins - abandoned, ruined structures found scattered below the surface
- Vaults - large underground structures that contain rare, lucrative treasure
- Geodes - spherical, floating rocks in The End that contain moonstone or amethyst
BETA WARNING! Strange is currently in beta. It may break your world, your game, your cats, it might not play well with other mods etc.
If you are upgrading from a previous beta, please note that there may be item registration warnings. This is because some features are changing quite a lot between beta versions. Such warnings are not themselves a problem, but you may find erratic behavior in your world.
Please get in touch via the Github issue tracker if Strange is causing game-breaking issues.
Strange is designed to play nicely with Quark. If Quark is present then extra Quark-specific quests, decoration and integration will be available.
Credits and inspiration
Thank you to everyone who contributed ideas and to all playtesters. Also thanks to mcvinnyq for the writing desk texture.